Crab Legs with Shallot Butter
- 2 pounds king or snow crab legs
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons shallots,
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Place several inches of water in large steamer pot. Add salt and heat to
boiling. Place crab legs in steamer section; cover pot. Steam for 5-7 minutes,
until heated through and fragrant.
- Meanwhile, melt 1 tablespoon butter and sauté shallots until translucent
- Add remaining butter, thyme, pepper and lemon juice; stir until butter is
melted. Serve alongside crab legs for dipping.
Reprinted with permission from the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board.