Other seafood may be substituted for the crab, or may be added in addition to
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper
- Dash of Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons onion juice
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Accent
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine
- In a double boiler, with water in bottom boiling vigorously, melt the butter.
Blend in flour, stirring until mixture is smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients
except sherry wine and cook until mixture is smooth, stirring constantly but
slowly. The mixture should be thick.
- Add 1 1/2 pounds crabmeat (if canned, wash in strainer to remove preservative,
and pick out any cartilage). Heat thoroughly.
- When sauce is thoroughly heated, add sherry wine, mix well, and let set
while water in bottom pan simmers. Keep covered.
- Let steep for 15 minutes before
serving over buttered toast or in patty shells.