Crab St. Jacques
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, divided
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup light cream
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 8 ounces to 1 pound frozen or fresh lump crabmeat
- 3 tablespoons sherry
- In a small saucepan, blend 1/4 cup melted butter with flour and salt. Stir
in cream gradually. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until thick
- In another pan, sauté mushrooms, onion and parsley in the remaining 1/4
cup butter. Add crabmeat and sherry and toss to mix. Add cream sauce and mix
- Spoon into shells or ramekins. Broil until bubbly.
Yields 6 servings.