Crab Stuffed Portobellos
Since I'm making them now, I thought I'd share this simple and simply
The amounts are non-specific because it really depends on how many mushrooms
you want to stuff and what kind of crabmeat you're using. Most of the time when
I make these, it's because I've bought crab legs on sale and we didn't
eat them all so I just use that meat. (Tonight I used 1 can of crabmeat and 6 baby
portobellos.) I usually just tell this to people; I never have to write it down
- 1 package Knorr's Béarnaise Sauce
- 1/2 to 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Prepare Béarnaise Sauce according to package directions. (It makes a cup,
so if you make it from scratch you may have more depending on recipe.)
- Clean all the black spines from the bottom of the mushroom (stuffed or not,
they are what turns the mushroom black when cooking.)
- Mix the Béarnaise sauce into the crabmeat a little at a time, taking care
not to make it soupy. Add 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese and mix. You can
add more cheese, but remember too much cheese (and sauce) will make it run out
of the mushroom, tastes fine, looks strange. Mixture should be firm but not
stiff, add sauce if necessary.
- Stuff mushrooms and bake at 450 degrees F until done, about 20 minutes.
I tried putting the cheese on the mushrooms instead of in the crabmeat, but the
large ones take so long to cook, the cheese burned on the cookie sheet.
Posted by FootsieBear