- 1 small can black truffles, very thinly sliced
- 8 salmon filets, skinned
- 2 teaspoons fine salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground coriander
- 8 (8-inch) rice paper rounds
- 8 fresh chives trimmed to 4 inches
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Truffle oil, to taste
- Generous splash Hennessy cognac
- Butterfly each salmon piece horizontally with a sharp knife. Arrange 1 layer
of truffle slices on bottom halves and replace tops to cover truffles. Sprinkle
with salt, pepper, cognac and coriander.
- Spread a towel on a workspace and fill a large bowl with water. Soak 1 rice
paper round until pliable. Arrange 1 chive and reserve truffle slices in center
of round and top with each salmon filet rounded side down. Fold rice paper over
short sides of salmon, then over long sides to enclose the salmon. Transfer,
seam sides down to a tray and keep covered with plastic wrap.
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over moderately high
heat. Sauté salmon packages seam sides up until golden brown. Turn salmon over
and reduce heat to moderate. Cook until both sides are firm to the touch.
- Transfer to plate and enjoy.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.