Cream Puffs with Crab Filling
- 11 ounces cream cheese (8 ounces and 3 ounces)
- 1 cup mayonnaise or sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon horseradish
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 7 ounces fresh crab or shrimp
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- Crab Filling: Mix crab filling a day ahead and refrigerate.
- Cream Puffs: Heat water, butter and salt to rolling boil. Reduce heat and quickly stir
in flour with wooden spoon until mixture leaves the sides of the pan in a ball.
Remove from heat and add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition until
mixture is smooth and not glossy. Drop 1 tablespoon (size is optional) on baking
- Bake at 400 degrees F for approximately 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Let puffs completely cool before slicing.