Crispy Corn-Coated Sand Dabs
Sand dabs are found only in the Pacific coastal waters from Alaska to Mexico.
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 sand dabs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Vegetable oil (for deep frying)
- Mix cornmeal with salt and pepper.
- Dip fish into buttermilk, then coat with cornmeal mixture.
- Pour oil to a depth of 1 1/2 inches in a skillet. Heat until hot, then add
fish. Cook until golden, turning once.
- Garnish with sprigs of watercress or parsley and lemon slices, if desired.