Curried Coconut Scallops
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped scallions
- 3 tablespoons chopped, peeled fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 jalapeno chile, stemmed
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk, stirred well before measuring
- 2 pounds
- In a blender or food processor, combine the scallions, ginger, garlic, jalapeno
(including the seeds), curry powder and salt and blend into a paste. Add the
coconut milk and puree until almost smooth, scraping down the sides of the container
- Pat the scallops dry and arrange them in a flameproof casserole or skillet
just large enough to hold them in a single layer. Drizzle the curry sauce on
top, coating the scallops well. The scallops can be prepared up to this point
4 hours in advance, covered and refrigerated.
- Heat the broiler with a rack set 6 inches from the heat. Broil the scallops
for 8-10 minutes or until browned and just cooked through.
- Serve immediately.
Per serving: 220 calories, 38 g protein, 8 g carbohydrates, 2 g fat, 75 mg
cholesterol, 820 mg sodium, 1 g fiber; Calories from fat: 8%