Curried Salmon and Rice
India Curry Sauce
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup apple, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1 cup cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
Salmon and Rice
- 1 (16 ounce can - 2 cups) flaked salmon
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 cup buttered crumbs
- India Curry Sauce: Melt butter over low heat; add onion, apple, celery and cook 5 minutes.
- Blend in curry powder and ginger. Add 2 cups chicken stock and simmer 15
- Blend with remaining chicken stock, stir into sauce. Stir a little of hot
sauce into egg yolks, cook 2 minutes.
- Salmon and Rice: Drain and flake salmon. Arrange layers of rice and salmon in a greased casserole.
Add curry sauce. Top with buttered crumbs and a dash of paprika.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 25 minutes.
Yield: 6 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.