Curry of Shrimp
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 to 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Dash of ground nutmeg
- 2 cups light cream
- 3 cups cleaned, cooked shrimp
- 1 tablespoon freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sherry
- 1 teaspoon onion
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- Salt, to taste
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- Shrimp: Melt butter; blend in flour, curry powder, salt, paprika and nutmeg.
- Gradually stir in cream; cook until mixture thickens, stirring constantly.
remaining ingredients; heat thoroughly.
- Serve with curry condiments and Orange
- Orange Rice: Cook rice in boiling salted water until done. Add orange peel
and juice. Stir and serve.