Desert Drowned Shrimp
- 2 pounds medium or large shrimp, unshelled
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Lime and lemon wedges, for garnish
- Place shrimp in a saucepan. Add lime and lemon juices, water and salt and bring
just to a boil. Pour the mixture into a shallow dish, refrigerate and marinate the
shrimp in the liquid for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Drain the shrimp and add the oil and pepper to them.
- The shrimp can be served
immediately or refrigerated for several more hours before serving. Arrange the shrimp
on a decorative platter, garnished with lime and lemon.
- Because the shrimp are peeled at the table, supply plenty of napkins.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Approximate values per serving (based on 4 servings): 291 calories, 7 g fat,
345 mg cholesterol, 47 g protein, 9 g carbohydrates, 1 g fiber, 871 mg sodium, 23
percent calories from fat