- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 pound butter
- 2 pounds medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1/2 cup beer (optional)
- Combine seasonings in a small bowl.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over high heat, then add seasonings. Cook
for 1 minute.
- Add shrimp and cook 2 to 4 minutes, stirring constantly, until shrimp
- If serving as an appetizer, omit the beer and serve immediately in a
chafing dish with wooden picks.
- If serving as an entree, add beer and simmer 1 minute.
- Serve over rice with French
bread on the side to dip into the sauce.
Makes 12 appetizer servings or 6 dinner servings.