- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 quart oysters, liquid reserved
- 1/4 cup cracker crumbs
- Heat butter or margarine in pan until melted. Mix in flour, stirring with a whisk
until smooth. Return to heat and slowly brown to light color.
- Add paprika, salt, pepper and cayenne. Remove from heat and add onions,
green pepper and garlic. Cook slowly for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove heat again; add lemon juice, Worcestershire, oysters and their liquid.
- Pour into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with crumbs, and bake at 400 degrees F for 30 minutes.