Fennel Crusted Grouper
Toasted fennel seeds along with dill, and thyme make a terrific crust for grouper
in this recipe developed by Chef Allen Susser of Chef Allen's Restaurant, in Aventura,
- 2 teaspoons McCormick Gourmet™ Fennel Seed
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Dill
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon
McCormick Gourmet™ Black Pepper, Coarse Ground
- 2 pounds grouper fillets
tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- Toast fennel seeds in small dry skillet on medium heat 30 seconds or until
- Immediately remove from skillet to avoid over-toasting.
- Crush seeds
in small bowl with mortar and pestle, spice mill, clean coffee grinder or
rolling pin. Mix with dill, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Rub spice mixture evenly on both sides of grouper fillets. Drizzle with
1 tablespoon of the oil.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high
heat. Add fillets; cook 4 to 5 minutes per side or until lightly browned. Add
white wine; cook 1 minute.
10 mins Prep time | 10 mins Cook time | Serves: 8
Serving Suggestion: Serve with Vanilla Beurre Blanc for a special presentation.
Nutrition information (Amount per serving) Calories: 132 Cholesterol: 42mg
Sodium: 207mg Protein: 22g Total Fat: 5g Fiber: 0g Carbohydrate: 0g
Recipe and photo credit: McCormick.