Fiddler Crab a la Nero
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 pound king crab meat
- 1 (4 ounce) can pimientos drained and halved
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup canned beef gravy
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup cognac
- Cooked white rice
- Melt butter in chafing dish or medium skillet. Arrange the crabmeat around
edge of dish. Place pimientos in center. Sprinkle pimientos with chives. Sprinkle
crabmeat with salt and paprika. Add gravy and cream.
- Cook over low heat, until
mixture is heated through, stirring crabmeat gently to keep pieces as whole
- Warm cognac in small saucepan. Ignite with match. Pour flaming, into crabmeat
- Serve over rice.
Yield: 4 servings
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 9, 2001.
Source: McCall's Coast to Coast Cooking