Fish with Green Chiles
- 1 pound flounder or sole filets
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
- 12 pimento-stuffed olives
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- If fish fillets are large, cut into 4 serving pieces.
- Place onion in oil in 10-inch nonstick skillet. Place fish on onion; sprinkle
with salt and pepper. Spoon chiles over fish; top with olives.
- Mix wine and lemon juice; pour over fish. Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer until fish flakes easily with fork, about 10 minutes.
- Serve with lemon wedges.