French Fried Jimmy Crabs
- 1 dozen medium-size male crabs (washed and scrubbed in water with legs, back shells and innards removed)
- 1 pound backfin crab meat
- 1 scant cup flour
- 1 scant cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Enough vegetable oil for deep frying
- Combine all ingredients except crab, crab meat, and vegetable oil to make
- Stir one tablespoon of vegetable oil into the batter.
- Fill crab crevices where innards were removed with crab meat and press the
crab meat firmly into the crevice to secure.
- Holding each stuffed crab with
tongs, dip into batter. Place into the deep fryer filled with very hot
vegetable oil. Completely cover the crab and fry individually for seven minutes
or until golden.