French Fried Shrimp
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 pounds fresh shrimp
- Peel shell from shrimp, leaving last section and tail intact. Cut slit through
center back without severing either end; remove black line. Dry shrimp thoroughly.
- Combine flour, sugar, salt, egg, water and vegetable oil; beat well. Dip
prepared shrimp into batter.
- Fry in deep hot fat (375 degrees F) until golden brown.
- Drain shrimp on white paper toweling.
- Serve immediately with cocktail sauce or tartar sauce.