Fried Breaded Shrimp
- 1/4 cup flour
- Salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vodka
- 3/4 cup fine bread crumbs
- 40 large raw shrimp, shelled, but with tails intact
- Oil (for frying)
- Mix flour with a little salt and pepper and place in a bowl.
- In a second bowl beat well the egg and vodka.
- In a third bowl place the bread crumbs mixed with salt and pepper.
- Toss the shrimp, one at a time, in the flour; dip into egg mixture; toss
in the bread crumbs to coat.
- Drop into hot oil (360 degrees F) and deep fry quickly until golden brown.
Do not over-cook. Shrimp may be breaded several hours ahead and refrigerated
until time to fry.
- Serve with tartar and cocktail sauce.
Serves 3 to 4.