- 1 1/2 pints fresh oysters
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
- Drain oysters thoroughly in colander.
- Combine cornmeal, salt, flour, black pepper and cayenne in a small bowl.
- Roll oysters in cornmeal mixture a few at a time, coating
- Fry a few at a time in deep oil heated to 375 degrees F. Fry for about 2
minutes or just until light brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Keep warm in 200 degrees F oven until all oysters are fried.
- Serve with cocktail sauce.
Yield: 4 servings