This is a garlic-lover's delight!
- 3 pounds medium uncooked shrimp, peeled and de-veined, leaving tails
- 2/3 cup
unsalted butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 scallions, chopped,
- 6 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon
- 1 tablespoon white wine Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon minced flat-leaf parsley
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Parsley sprigs (for garnish)
- Divide shrimp equally among 6 small au gratin dishes; place on baking sheets
and set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, heat butter or margarine and olive oil. Add all remaining
ingredients except cheese and parsley sprigs. Cook for 5 minutes over medium
- Position oven rack 4 inches below heat source and preheat broiler. Pour
the garlic-butter sauce over shrimp; top with a generous scattering of Parmesan
- Broil under preheated broiler until shrimp are coral pink and sauce is bubbly
and lightly browned, about 4 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley sprigs, if desired.