Garlic and Rosemary Shrimp
This is one of the recipes that I offer when I cater an event. You can serve
it as an appetizer or over pasta. It's delicious!
- 1 pound medium/large fresh shrimp
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup extra virgin
- 1 large garlic bulb
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 bay leaves
teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon
dried crushed red pepper
- Peel shrimp leaving on the tails, devein, wash and dry with paper towels.
- Melt butter with olive oil in a skillet over medium/high heat.
- Separate and peel garlic bulb and add cloves to butter/oil mixture. Sauté
for 2 minutes.
- Stir in wine or broth if using, vinegar, lemon juice, bay leaves, salt,
rosemary, crushed red pepper and oregano. Cook stirring constantly for 1 minute
or until thoroughly heated.
- Add shrimp and cook for 5 to 6 minutes or just until shrimps turn pink.
(Remove bay leaves before serving.)
Posted by BettyBoop50 at Recipe Goldmine 6/8/01 11:43:30 am.