Garlicky Butter Seared Scallops
You can serve these succulent Garlicky Butter Seared Scallops by themselves or over pasta. Either way, they are delicious!
Prep: 5 min | Cook: 10 min
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 medium lemon, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Pat the scallops dry with paper towels; season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large, cast iron skillet over medium-high heat and add olive oil. Sear scallops for 2 to 3 minutes per side, until browned and scallops are cooked through. Remove scallops from pan to a plate.
- Add butter to skillet and let melt.
- Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Squeeze in the juice of half the lemon, then add the scallops back to the pan and top with parsley.
- Serve over cooked pasta with slices from the remaining half lemon.
- If desired, you can melt more butter and minced garlic in the skillet to serve over the pasta.