Hot and Spicy Shrimp
- 1 pound butter
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped oregano
- 1 small hot pepper, chopped, or 2 tablespoons ground cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 2 bay leaves, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 pounds raw shrimp in their shells
- Shrimp should be of a size to number 30-35 per pound.
- Melt the butter and oil in a flameproof baking dish. Add the garlic, herbs,
peppers, bay leaves, paprika, and lemon juice, and bring to a boil. Turn the
heat down and simmer 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove the dish from the heat and let the flavors marry at least 30 minutes.
- This hot butter sauce can be made a day in advance and refrigerated.
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees F. Reheat the sauce, add the shrimp, and cook
over medium heat until the shrimp just turn pink, then bake in the oven about
30 minutes more.
- Taste for seasoning, adding salt if necessary.
- Sop up butter sauce with crusty bread after the shrimp have been eaten.
Source: New Southern Cooking - Nathalie Dupree
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Seafood Recipes