Italian Broiled Shrimp
- 2 pounds jumbo shrimp
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 1 cup Drawn Butter Sauce
Drawn Butter Sauce
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup hot water
- Freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Shrimp: Shell shrimp, leaving tails on. Dry, then dust with flour.
- Stir oil and butter into flat baking dish; add shrimp.
- Broil at medium heat for 8 minutes.
- Add garlic and parsley to Drawn Butter Sauce. Pour over shrimp. Stir
until shrimp are coated.
- Broil 2 more minutes.
- Drawn Butter Sauce: Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter; add flour, lemon juice
and pepper. Stir until smooth, then add 1 cup hot water. Bring to boil, stirring
constantly. Reduce heat and cook 5 minutes.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter and stir until melted