Jumbo Shrimp Parmigiana
- 2 pounds raw jumbo shrimp (11-15 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 2 cups flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 cups basic tomato sauce
- 1/2 pound shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated Romano
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Clean shrimp; pat dry. Dredge shrimp in flour, dip in beaten eggs, and then
in seasoned bread crumbs. Shake off excess crumbs.
- When all the shrimp are breaded, heat oil in a large skillet. Fry
shrimp, 4 or 5 at a time until golden brown, (it is not necessary to cook
through, since they will bake further).
- Remove shrimp to a baking pan in a single layer. Top with tomato sauce,
mozzarella, Romano cheese and dried oregano.
- Bake, uncovered, in a preheated 400 degrees F oven for 10 minutes or until
cheese is melted.
- Top with chopped fresh parsley.
Serves 8 (allows 3 or 4 shrimp per person).