Lemon Chili Shrimp Sticks
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 (1/2-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tablespoon Chinese hot chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 20 raw medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 20 wooden skewers
- In a large, non-metallic bowl, combine the garlic, ginger, cilantro, chili
sauce, soy sauce, honey and lemon juice.
- Add the shrimp and toss in the marinade to coat each one well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Thread 1 or 2 shrimps on each skewer.
- Heat the broiler.
- Place the shrimp on the broiler pan and broil until they
turn pink and are opaque, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve hot, warm or at room temperature.
Yield: 20 shrimp