Light Orange Scampi
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pounds. medium fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Sauté garlic in oil in a large skillet until tender; stir in salt and pepper.
- Add shrimp; cook over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain off liquid and discard.
- Combine juice, chives and cornstarch in a small saucepan, stirring well.
Bring mixture to a boil; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add orange sauce to shrimp, stirring well.
Yield: 4 servings
Per Serving: 290 Calories; 6g Fat (20.1% calories from fat); 46g Protein;
9g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 345mg Cholesterol; 404mg Sodium
Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 6 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 1/2