- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup clam juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons sherry
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons light cream
- 5 ounces lobster meat, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped pimentos
- 1/2 cup thick sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- Butter for sautéing
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- Newburg Sauce
- 1/2 to 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- Newburg Sauce: Melt butter over a medium low flame. When completely melted,
add paprika and stir for 2 minutes. Add the flour to the butter and stir for
2 to 3 minutes to cook the roux. Stir constantly to avoid burning. Add the clam
juice and stir until thickening begins. Add 1/4 cup milk, light cream and sherry.
Simmer for 5 minutes and, if needed, add remaining 1/4 cup milk. Serve immediately
or refrigerate for future use.
- Lobster: Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Over medium heat, melt enough butter to lightly cover the bottom of a heavy,
large sauté pan. Place the lobster, chives, pimentos and mushrooms in the pan
and stir for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Increase the heat to high and add the sherry to deglaze the pan. Be careful
as the sherry may flame up as the alcohol burns off.
- Stir in 4 ounces of Newburg Sauce and stir for 1 minute. Pour into a single
serving casserole and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake for about 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted and is bubbly.
- Serve immediately.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.