Louisiana Shrimp Boil
- 4 quarts water
- 2 tablespoons paprika
tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons Louisiana Hot Sauce
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled*
- Lemon wedges (for garnish)
Peppery Pepper Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced chile peppers
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Louisiana Hot Sauce
teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon coarse mustard
- 1 teaspoon red wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped lemon sections
- Shrimp Boil: In an 8-quart pot, combine the water, paprika, pepper flakes,
Louisiana Hot Sauce, mustard, garlic powder, lemon juice and bay leaves. Bring
to a boil; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the shrimp to the pot. Stir,
return to a boil, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Drain and garnish with lemon
- Serve with Peppery Pepper Sauce.
- Peppery Pepper Sauce: In a small skillet, heat the oil. Add the onions,
chile pepper and garlic and sauté over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes.
- In a blender, combine the vegetables, roasted red peppers or pimentos, paprika,
Louisiana Hot Sauce, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, vinegar and lemons. Puree
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
* Or you can leave shells on shrimp.
Makes 1 cup sauce.