Louisiana Shrimp Esplanade
- 24 large fresh shrimp
- 12 ounces butter
- 1 tablespoon pureed garlic
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces beer
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped scallions
- Wash shrimp and leave in the shell.
- Melt butter in a large frying pan and stir in the garlic, Worcestershire
sauce and seasonings.
- Add shrimp and shake the pan to immerse the shrimp in
butter, then sauté over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes until they turn
- Next, pour in the beer and stir for a further minute, then remove from the
- Shell and devein the shrimp and arrange on a bed of rice.
- Pour the pan juices on top, and garnish with chopped scallion.
- Serve immediately.