Lump Crab Meat and Shrimp
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sherry wine
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and red pepper, to taste
- Chopped celery, to taste
- Chopped parsley, to taste
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 pound lump crabmeat
- 1/2 pound shrimp, shelled and cooked
- Potato chips, crushed
- Grated Cheddar cheese
- Make a rich cream sauce by melting butter and adding flour. Stir until smooth.
- Add whipping cream gradually.
- Add next 5 ingredients and cook slowly until thickened.
- When mixture has cooled, add mayonnaise.
- Add crab meat and shrimp to sauce.
- Spoon into individual buttered shells or a buttered casserole dish.
- Sprinkle potato chips and cheese on top.
- Bake for about 25 minutes at 325 degrees F.
Serves 6 to 8.