Malibu Stir Fry Shrimp
Found this recipe on a bottle of Malibu Caribbean Rum years ago. This rum adds
a tropical coconut flavor.
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 pound medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 bunch
- 1 red sweet pepper, seeded, cut in thin 2" strips
cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1 cup Malibu rum
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chopped
fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried
- 2 teaspoons ground chili paste or 2 tablespoons
prepared chili sauce
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup
- 1 pound fettuccini, cooked
- Heat oil and butter over high heat in large pan. Add garlic for 1 minute.
- Add shrimp, cook for 2 minutes until pink.
- Add vegetables and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add rum and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add cream and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add remaining seasonings.
- Toss with coconut and cooked pasta.
Posted by jerseyjan at Recipe Goldmine 7/17/01 11:50:17 am.