Market Red Fish
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup margarine
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 pounds fresh red fish
- Fresh or dried basil
- Creole seasoning salt
- Pepper and paprika, to taste
- 2 tablespoons flour
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Mince garlic finely.
- Melt margarine and mix with garlic and lemon juice. Pour this over both sides of the cold fish and let sit until butter mixture
firms, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Season fish with lots of basil, lots of seasoning salt,
lots of pepper and lots of paprika to taste. Use any seasonings, but do not
leave out basil.
- Lightly coat with sifted flour.
- In a very hot nonstick skillet, sear the fish fillets quickly, about 30
seconds on each side. This seals in the juices and lightly browns the fish.
- Remove from skillet and place fish in a jellyroll pan or shallow baking dish.
- Run the red fish under a preheated oven broiler 2 to 3 minutes to a side,
just until fish flakes easily with a fork. Do not over-cook.
- Serve with pan juices.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Seafood Recipes