Maryland Crab Cakes
- 6 slices white bread
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds crabmeat
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Trim crusts from bread and lay slices on a shallow platter. Pour oil over
them and let stand until bread is thoroughly saturated. Use forks to break into
- Combine egg yolks with mustard, salt and Worcestershire sauce. Beat lightly.
- Stir in bread and crab meat.
- Gently fold in stiffly beaten egg whites, and shape mixture into patties.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Sauté in heated butter until golden on both sides.