Mediterranean Scampi is a delicious sauté of shrimp and tomatoes, topped with feta cheese.
- 2 slices bacon, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 (28 ounce) can Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic & Oregano, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound large (21/30 count) raw shell on with tail shrimp, thawed if frozen
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- Cook bacon, garlic and onion in large skillet over medium-high heat 3 minutes
or until lightly browned, stirring frequently.
- Add drained tomatoes and pepper. Cook over low heat 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Peel, devein and remove tail from shrimp; add to skillet. Cook over medium heat
5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat. Sprinkle with cheese and dill.
Prep Time 25 min | Servings 4
Nutrition Information: Calories: 209
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):