Mussels in Green Sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 pounds mussels, scrubbed
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon chives
- Heat oil in a 5-quart saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add garlic
and onions; stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add mussels, wine, and parsley. Cover; bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 to 7 minutes
or until mussels open.
- Meanwhile, combine butter and chives. Divide among 4 soup bowls.
- Ladle mussels and juices into soup bowls.
Yield: 4 servings