Old Bay Shrimp Boil
- 1/2 cup Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 4 quarts water
- 1 (12
ounce) can beer
- 8 medium red potatoes, cut into quarters
- 2 large Vidalia
onions, cut into wedges
- 2 pounds smoked sausage, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 8 ears frozen corn on the cob, thawed
- 4 pounds large shrimp, in shells
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.
- In an 8-quart stock pot, bring Old Bay, salt, water and beer to a boil.
Add potatoes and onions; cook over high heat for 8 minutes.
- Add smoked sausage; continue to cook over high heat for 5 minutes.
- Add corn to pot; continue to boil for 7 minutes.
- Add shrimp in shells, cook for 4 minutes.
- Drain cooking liquid; pour contents of pot into several large bowls or shallow
- Sprinkle with additional Old Bay seasoning.