Old Bay Shrimp Fest
Prepare this one-pot shrimp fest for easy, summertime entertaining! Shrimp, smoked
sausage, potatoes, corn and onions are perfectly seasoned with OLD BAY Seasoning.
- 1/2 cup OLD BAY® Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 4 quarts water
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer (optional)
- 8 medium red potatoes, quartered
- 2 large sweet onions, cut into wedges
- 2 pounds lean smoked sausage, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 8 ears fresh corn, broken in half
- 4 pounds large shrimp in shells
- Bring Old Bay, salt, water and beer to boil in 8- to 12-quart pot on high
heat. Add potatoes and onions; cook 8 minutes.
- Add smoked sausage to pot; cook 5 minutes.
- Add corn; cook 7 minutes.
- Add shrimp in shells; cook 4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Drain cooking liquid. Pour contents of pot into several large bowls, shallow
pails or mound on paper-covered picnic table.
- Sprinkle with additional Old Bay, if desired.
Yield: 8 large servings
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): McCormick
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Seafood Recipes