Orange Shrimp with Peppers
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 Vidalia onion
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- Grated zest from 1 orange
- 1 1/2 pounds uncooked, peeled cleaned shrimp (51/60 per pound)
- 1 box frozen peas
- 1 pound fusili or penne pasta
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add peppers and onions
and sauté until onions are soft, about 10 minutes or so.
- Add garlic and stir for 1 more minute.
- Add shrimp and peas. Sauté until the shrimp are opaque in the center, about
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling water until just tender
(al dente). Reserve about a 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- Add the orange zest and the thyme to the shrimp and stir. Sprinkle with
salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste.
- Drain pasta and return to pot.
- Add shrimp mixture, reserved water and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
Toss and place on a large platter or in a pasta bowl.
- Serve immediately.