Orange Tarragon Ginger Shrimp
with Rice Noodles
- 1 cup 100% Florida orange juice
- 12 jumbo raw shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails attached
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) package rice noodles, prepared according to package directions
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed oil
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups fresh snow peas
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon Asian hot chili sauce, optional
- Combine orange juice, shrimp, tarragon, olive oil, ginger and shallot in a zipper-seal
plastic bag. Seal bag securely; toss gently to combine ingredients. Marinate for
1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Prepare rice noodles according to package directions.
- Drain and combine with sesame seed oil; toss to coat evenly; reserve.
- Spray wok with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Drain shrimp mixture; reserve 1/2 cup marinade and discard remaining marinade.
- Add shrimp and reserved 1/2 cup of marinade to wok; bring to a boil and stir fry shrimp for 1 to
- Add snow peas; stir fry for 3 more minutes, just until snow peas are
tender crisp and shrimp is cooked through. Add sesame seeds and chili sauce, if
- Remove from heat and add reserved rice noodles; toss to combine and serve
Makes 4 servings
Recipe and photo credit: Florida Department of Citrus