Outa Sight Shrimp
If you don't like getting your hands dirty, then this dish isn't for you!
- 4 pounds unpeeled, large fresh shrimp or 6 pound shrimp with heads on
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Creole seasoning
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- French bread
- Spread shrimp in a shallow, aluminum foil-lined broiler pan.
- Combine butter and next 12 ingredients in a saucepan over low heat, stirring
until butter melts, and pour over shrimp. Cover and chill 2 hours, turning shrimp
every 30 minutes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes; turn once.
- Serve with bread, green salad and corn on the cob for a complete meal.
- Use heads-on shrimp if you can get them.
- Always cook the shrimp in the sauce.
- Offer plenty of napkins, paper towels, or, if you have them, bibs.