Oysters Johnny Reb
- 2 quarts oysters, drained
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 cups fine cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Tabasco sauce
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 6 tablespoons light cream
- Place a layer of oysters in bottom of greased, shallow, 2-quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle 1/2 each of the parsley, onions, lemon juice, butter, crumbs, Worcestershire,
salt, pepper and Tabasco over oysters.
- Make another layer of same. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Just before baking, make evenly spaced holes in oyster mixture. Pour milk
mixed with cream into holes, being careful not to moisten crumb topping all
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 30 minutes or until firm.
Yields 10 to 15 servings.