- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons raw spinach, chopped fine
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped fine
- 3 tablespoons celery, chopped fine
- 3 tablespoons onion, chopped fine
- 5 cups fine dry bread crumbs
- Few drops Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pernod or anisette
- 36 oysters on the half shell
- Rock salt
- Melt butter in a saucepan and stir in all ingredients except oysters and
rock salt. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, for 15 minutes.
- Work through a sieve or food mill and set aside.
- Make a layer of rock salt in pie tins and place oysters on top. Put a teaspoonful
of the vegetable mixture on each oyster.
- Broil under a preheated 400 degrees F broiler 3 to 5 minutes or until topping
begins to brown.
- Serve immediately in the pie tins.