- 3 dozen small fresh oysters, shucked
- 1/3 cup flour, or more
- 1 cup ground soda crackers (30)
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided into thirds
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Drain oysters, then blot oysters to dry on paper toweling.
- Place flour and cracker crumbs on separate sheets of wax paper.
- Beat eggs slightly in small bowl. Dredge oysters in flour; dip into egg,
then in crumbs, pressing crumbs to adhere. Place on wax paper-lined baking sheet.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter and 1 tablespoon oil in large, heavy skillet over
medium-high heat just until butter is melted. Add a third of the oysters and
sauté for 2 minutes until golden brown. Turn over and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Remove to a paper towel-lined tray. Empty skillet and wipe clean.
- Repeat frying in 2 batches with the remaining oysters.