This is a messy but wonderful way to serve shrimp. It is great served on the
patio with lots of bread to sop up the juices, large napkins for messy hands from
peeling the shrimp and icy white wine to quench the thirst.
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pound medium shrimp in shells
- Crusty bread
- Combine butter, bay leaf, lemon juice, garlic, red pepper and water in saucepan
and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Arrange shrimp in a single layer in baking dish and cover with sauce.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until shrimp turn pink and curl, about 20 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Serve hot with crusty bread to soak up juices.