Pecan Crusted Swordfish
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoon dried ancho chile powder
- Salt, to taste
ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 4 (6-ounce)
swordfish steaks, 1 1/2 inches thick, skin removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Lemon wedges
- Heat the oven 375 degrees F.
- Combine the flour, parsley and seasonings in a flat pie pan.
- Place beaten egg and pecans in separate flat pans.
- Dredge the steaks in the seasoned flour; then dip into beaten egg and coat
with the pecans on all sides. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the oil and butter. When hot,
add the fillets and sauté for 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer the fillets to a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes until opaque
- Serve with lemon wedges.
Recipe and photo credit: Florida Department of Agriculture.