Pineapple Salmon in a Bag
- 1 large foil roasting bag
- 1 fresh whole salmon*
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried cayenne pepper
- Parsley sprigs to garnish
* If using frozen salmon, defrost thoroughly in refrigerator before using. Make
sure there are no ice crystals in the inner cavity
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease inside of roasting bag
and put it on a cookie sheet.
- Using a food processor, blend butter, parsley, chives, shallot, black pepper
and dried cayenne pepper for about 3 minutes using the pulse button. Do not
over do. The butter should be speckled with the herbs.
- Spoon the butter onto a plate and allow to set. Cut butter into 1/4 inch
chunks. Set aside.
- Wash salmon with water. Place fish inside the roasting bag and top with
the pineapple and chunks of butter. Carefully roll up the bag opening in the
direction of the top of the bag to keep in the heat, prevent the juices from
leaking and to ensure a good blending of flavors.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes, or, if using a barbecue, follow the barbecue's
manual directions for foil baking fish according to weight.
- Serve hot garnished with parsley sprigs.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Seafood Recipes