Pistachio-Dusted Roast Salmon
with a Light Honey Glaze
An easy and attractive way to serve delicious, healthy salmon.
- 10 ounces fresh Atlantic salmon (a little more than half a pound)
- 1/2 tablespoon
olive oil (optional)
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1/8 cup pistachios, finely crushed
- Salt and pepper
*To save time, buy the salmon scaled and deboned.
- Preheat your oven to about 375 degrees F.
- Cut salmon in half to make two 5-ounce pieces. If your salmon has skin still
attached, leave it on to lock in extra moisture. Gently drizzle olive oil on
salmon, leaving an extremely light coat. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
Pour honey over salmon halves and gently rub honey into meat using the back
of a spoon.
- Spread chopped pistachios over flat surface of plate and place glazed portion
of the fish onto the pistachios, generously covering surface.
- Place pistachio-covered salmon into an oven-safe dish or on a cookie sheet
lined with foil. Place in heated oven for 10 minutes or until done (shouldn’t
take more than 12 minutes max).
- To make sure the salmon is done, gently press surface of fish with a fork.
There should be a firm bounce.
by Jesse Brune
Reprinted with permission from the Western Pistachio Association.