Popcorn Shrimp with
Bloody Mary Aioli
- 6 ounces rock shrimp
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Seasoned flour
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon each cayenne, salt and garlic powder
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped roasted green bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped sun-dried tomato
- 1 ounce bloody Mary mix
- 1 teaspoon horseradish paste
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- Marinate shrimp in buttermilk for 1 hour.
- Combine seasoned flour ingredients. Dredge shrimp in flour.
- Fry about 1 minute in oil heated to 325 degrees F.
- To make aioli: Combine all ingredients. Serve on the side with shrimp.
Serves 2-3 as an appetizer | Makes about 2/3 cup aioli
Approximate nutritional information, per serving: 540 calories, 48 g total
fat, 6 g saturated fat, 110 mg cholesterol, 700 mg sodium